S W E E T & S P I C Y
P U M P K I N S O U P
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 small pumpkin
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1tsp Turmeric Powder
1tsp Paprika Powder
1-2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Honey
Pinch of Chilli Flakes
Pinch of Coriander
Drizzle of Oil
Salt to taste
It’s that time of year again when I find myself craving cosy home comforts and warm nourishing food. December is when I really start to love making more hearty stews, spiced curries and warm comforting soups.
This year I decided to try and make something a little bit different from my usual vegetable soup, and go for something more sweet and seasonal. With having a few left over pumpkins I decided to make a pumpkin soup and combine it with some of my most favourite flavours. Combining a little apple cider vinegar with the honey and chilli flakes really brings the soup to life while roasting the pumpkin brings out the rich sweetness. This is honestly my favourite soup at the moment and I think it will definitely be one that I make year on year especially during the colder months.
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan)
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters and scoop out the middle discarding the stringy flesh but keeping the seeds to one side.
- Using a potato peeler remove the skin from the sections of pumpkin, then cut the pumpkin into cubes.
- Place the cubes of pumpkin on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil and roast for 30-40 mins.
- Once cooked leave the pumpkin to cool for a few minutes before adding it to a food processor along with 1\2 cup of coconut milk and blend together.
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a tray and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Pour the pumpkin and coconut milk blend into a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients, heat on a low light stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and coriander over the soup to serve.
Hope you like the recipe and enjoy the soup as much as I did!
Alison is a fashion & still life stylist, an ambassador at Psychologies Magazine, a nutrition student & a health conscious lover of food, beauty, wellbeing & a healthy lifestyle.
You can follow Alison's blog for more great recipes and recommendations here!